Alicia Hizel, M.S. CCC/SLP-LSpeech Therapist
I have a passion for increasing children’s communication skills! I have experience working with children 3 through 14 years of age in a variety of settings including educational, clinical, and medical. I enjoy incorporating fun books and literacy-based therapy to target multiple areas of speech and language and to help students reach their communication goals!
Alicia Hizel received her Bachelor of Speech Pathology and Audiology from Marquette University. She earned her Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology from Illinois State University. While earning her degrees, Alicia completed clinical experiences in the outpatient pediatric medical setting as well as in a middle school setting. Since she has graduated, Alicia has primarily served children in the elementary (K-5) school setting. She has experience evaluating and treating receptive and expressive language disorders, AAC (augmentative and alternative communication), disfluency, articulation disorders, phonological disorders, pragmatic language disorders and Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology, Illinois State University
- Bachelor of Science in Speech Pathology and Audiology, Marquette University
- Certificate of Clinical Competence, Speech-Language Pathology (ASHA)
- Illinois License to practice Speech-Language Pathology
- Illinois State Board of Education Professional Educator License (Type 73)