E. Jeanni Bonine OTR/L, HPCSOccupational Therapist
I love everything about OT! I have been working with local children and families for over 13 years. I am passionate about working with children through a holistic approach and incorporate parents, caregivers, peers and siblings whenever possible. My main area of practice is young children with neurological challenges including ASD, sensory processing disorders, but I enjoy working with all children!
Jeanni is a 2003 graduate of western Michigan university with a degree in occupational therapy and is near completion of a post professional masters in Complementary and Alternative Medicine with an emphasis in holistic nutrition. Jeanni is certified in sensory integration, administration of the Ayres Sensory Integration and Praxis Test (SIPT) and is a board certified hippotherapy clinical specialist. She has additional training and experience in feeding interventions, DIR/ floortime model, sensory integration, nutritional interventions, therapeutic listening.
In addition to her work with My Recess, Jeanni also teaches part time at Northern Illinois University and works in private practice early intervention and incorporating hippotherapy. She co-authored the book Dynamic Strategies for the Hippotherapy Client: Making the Most out of the Natural Environment.
Jeanni lives on a small farmette in Kirkland, IL with her husband, 2 children, 3 horses and other critters. She enjoys riding and training horses, yoga, pilates and reading.
- Graduated 2003 Magna Cum Laude
- Board certified, licensed OT
- Board certified Hippotherapy Clinical Specialist
- PATH Intl. Registered Therapist
- PATH Intl. Certified Instructor
- AHA co-liason for IL
- EI provider and Evaluator
- DSCC registered provider
- Owner/ Director of Heightened Potential Co
- Advanced Certified Therapeutic Listening
- Trained Handwriting Without Tears
- Feeding and nutrition interventions
- Ayres Sensory Integration Certification (SIPT)
- Extensive Sensory Integration training
- Vision Therapy techniques/ training
- Training in Neurodevelopmental Techniques
- DIR/ Floortime training
- Strategies for ASD
- Family-centered care